Wednesday, June 5, 2024

getting answers to your prayers

 A lot of people often think that God hasn’t answered their prayers or that since He hasn’t answered their prayers in the past…why bother praying. Or they believe God answered it by saying “no” and again…not really answering their prayer.

The book of Daniel (old testament) shows us that Demons actually are appointed over countries…Based on that…its fair to assume  that there’s Demons over cities, towns, counties, communities, corporations, businesses, etc. 

In Daniel 10: 12-13, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I (the angel) have come in response to them. But the prince (demon) of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty one days. Then Michael one of the chief princes (angels) came to help me. 

Also key to having his prayer answered was the “Daniel fast”. The Daniel fast isn’t starving yourself. In Daniel 10:3, “I ate no choice food, no meat or wine touched my lips, and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.” So basically he didn’t eat sweets, meat, or drink wine. So you can eat vegetables and fruits and drink milk, water, etc….whatever distracts you should also be avoided for a while (social media, tv, etc) 

Fasting…with a humble heart is key to getting a breakthrough in your prayers. So going to God without an attitude of “you owe me this..”…making demands…treating God like Santa…isn’t going to help you. 

In Philippians (new testament) 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests before God.” 

having faith is what Jesus said repeatedly when healing people and doing miracles. faith is the opposite of being anxious. 

I look at my dog…she’s not anxious about my rent and bills…she has faith that I will take care of her needs…feed/water her…take her out to do her business, etc. 

“petition” and some versions of the verse says “supplication” 

petition means “a formal written request typically one signed by many people, appealing to authority with respect to a particular cause.”

petition: “to make or present a formal request to an authority with respect to a particular cause.” 

supplication:”the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly.” 

get a person you trust to pray and petition God with you. 

start your prayer with praising God, singing to Him, and thanking Him. 

I make a list of prayers that God has already answered because it gives me strength and faith to know He does love me and cares about taking care of me as His child.

Read Psalms….Davis starts out scared and troubled then ends with praises and thanking God. 

Just as you want to give gifts and help those you care about…God wants to do that even more. We are created in his image so we have characteristics like our “dad”…God. So it’s ok to ask for things you want as well as what you feel you need. God wants to bless us. “We have not because we ask not”…so ask Him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

rough day part 3

 I was told by religious people that I was cursed for why I was an orphan. Was told I should had prayed harder for my dad not to have termin...